The Grotta Fund for Senior Care, an advisory council fund at the Jewish Community Foundation of Greater MetroWest NJ, has a rich 100-year history of commitment to older adults in northern NJ. The Grotta Fund makes grants to organizations that improve the lives of older adults and their families.
Grants are awarded to 501c3 agencies, religious institutions, and municipalities benefiting older adults who reside in Essex, Union, Morris, Sussex, and eastern Somerset counties. Selection is on a non-sectarian basis.
In General Our Priorities:
- Pilot solutions to address critical or emerging needs and opportunities for better ways to age in place
- Promote use of models and best practices
- Expand, enhance, and/or more efficiently use resources that benefit older adults (built community, health and wellness, social services, etc.). Promote social connections.
- Foster collaborations among stakeholders to address critical or emerging issues
- Expand enriching, meaningful opportunities for involvement in the community by older adults (volunteerism, education, and employment)