The Grotta Fund for Senior Care of the Jewish Community Foundation of Greater MetroWest NJ is now accepting new grant applications from non-profit organizations that are addressing the specific needs of older adults in this time of Covid-19 response and recovery. The proposed Covid-19 efforts must be implemented in a five-month grant period, August-December 2020. Grant requests of up to $20,000 will be considered.
The Fund will only consider an applicant that is a 501(c)(3) organization. The proposed project must benefit older New Jersey residents, living in Essex, Union, Morris, Sussex and eastern Somerset counties. No grants will be awarded to individuals, political campaigns or organizations such as PACs, capital campaigns, endowments, tickets/tables for special events or travel.
In our effort to deploy aid that will benefit older adults in need, the Fund is using a brief on-line application and is inviting new applicants, past grantees, and nonprofits whose prior applications for funding were declined.
- Readiness to employ strategies and efforts specifically to benefit older adults in the upcoming 5-month time frame, addressing one or more of the most challenging concerns: mental and physical health, social connections, food insecurity, technology limitations, as well as economic effects of COVID-19
- Successful track record of working on these concerns to date
- Clear use of the grant funds during the grant period: August- December 2020
- Leverage other funds and foster collaborations or partnerships
Questions? Email Renie Carniol at email@example.com.
- Deadline: July 9, 2020 by 5pm
- Notification of applicants will be on or before July 27, 2020
To register and complete the online application for a Grotta Grant, click here:
Online application. Your access code is: g-covid .
Before viewing and completing this brief application, new applicants to the Grotta Fund will need to create a new account in the on-line application system. Once you complete the registration page, you will receive an automatic email confirming your registration. Next, when you log in, you will land on the applicant dashboard. At the top of the page, please click on the Apply button. On the Apply page, enter the Access Code: g-covid. This will connect you to the application description, click APPLY, and complete the application.
For questions regarding using our online application system, please contact Rosemarie Bendik at 973-929-3062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.