The Grotta Fund for Older Adults (note our new name!) is currently accepting GRANT APPLICATIONS for its Spring 2023-2024 Grant Cycle. Please review the guidelines and priorities below to determine if this grant opportunity is a good fit for your organization.
GRANT CYCLE Spring 2023-2024. Promoting Social Connections and Reengagement. Seeking applications to support innovative and impactful programs that will address social isolation and loneliness among vulnerable older adults whose conditions were especially accentuated during COVID-19. We envision that when older adults are valued by and connected to family, friends, neighbors, community members of all ages, as well as resources to better their lives, they will have a strong sense of purpose and well-being. This contributes to emotional and physical health, independence, and dignity.
- One year turnaround programs that will be piloted/implemented to benefit a new/expanded population during the grant period. Clear plans for ways the program will continue after the grant period without Grotta Fund grant support.
- Proposed efforts will strengthen meaningful social bonds, interpersonal connections including intergenerational connections, engagement, and reengagement in social, activities, learning with others, connections to resources, etc.
- Will clearly benefit an identified subpopulation(s) of older adults. Responding to issue(s) that became known or accentuated from isolation or other new stresses during the pandemic and are critical today.
- Strong preference to organizations forming new relationships with local organizations, partnerships, or collaborations with other organizations and planning to utilize these relationships to achieve and sustain your efforts.
- Funding is on a one-year basis, and for this special cycle, additional year of funding is unlikely.
- The Grotta Fund awards grant funds to 501 (C)(3) organizations and non-governmental entities to support projects that will improve the lives of older adults and their families living in the following New Jersey counties: Essex, Morris, Union, eastern Somerset, and Sussex.
- The Grotta Fund awards grants to both sectarian and non-sectarian organizations. An organization need not be Jewish to receive a grant.
- Grant funding exclusions: grants to individuals, political campaigns, or organizations such as PACs, capital campaigns, or endowments Also exclusions: individual tuition scholarships, financial deficits and expenses not associated with the project, research, and grants not focused on older adults, age 65 and older.
- January 31, 2023: Grant Announcement
- February 9, 2023, 1 pm: Informational Zoom Call with interested applicants. If interested, please email Jeanelly Hernandez, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 8, to receive the Zoom link.
- March 1, 2023, 5 pm: Application deadline.
- March 20-23, 2023: Site visits to finalist applicants, as needed.
- May 10, 2023: Successful applicants are notified.
- June 1, 2023: New grantee Orientation and Sharing Session.
- April 30, 2024: Conclusion of grant period.
To preview the grant application, click here Form Preview
To APPLY, Click HERE Be sure and use the access code Grotta23.
APPLICATION PROCESS- for New Applicants ONLY
If you are new to the on-line application process, you will need to create an account before applying. Once you complete the registration form, you will receive an automatic email notification confirming registration. Next, you will log in to the Grotta application dashboard. At the top of the page, please click on the APPLY button. On the APPLY page, enter the pass code Grotta 23. This will lead you to the application and your ability to apply. Be sure and click the SUBMIT button when you have completed the application.
For questions on the online application, please contact Jeanelly Hernandez, our friendly and helpful assistant at email@example.com or call 973-929-3133.
For more information or to discuss your concept, please email Renie Carniol, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best Practices https://www.usaging.org/Files/N4A%20engAGED_Best%20Practices%20Brochure-508.pdf
- Innovations Hub-EngagAGED https://www.engagingolderadults.org/hub
- Generations United https://www.gu.org/ig-program-database/page/3/?search&state&topic
- Leading Age https://leadingage.org/social-connectedness-and-engagement-technology-long-term-and-post-acute-care-primer-and/
- Campaign to End Loneliness International Conference: Tackling Loneliness for a New Era of Connection. Recordings: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/campaigntoendloneliness/1948095/o/385ebec