Elder Economic Security Index Statewide Fact Sheet
The 2014 Elder Economic Security Index provides statewide information on the cost of living in New Jersey for older adults. Data is collected on gender, housing type, race and ethnicity, and age for meaningful comparisons on expenses for couples and singles on a monthly and yearly basis.
Elder Economic Security Index For New Jersey Counties
A deeper dive, further analyzing New Jersey data at the county level. (New Jersey Foundation for Aging - 2014)
2015 White House Conference on Aging Report
www.endhungernj.org. Food banks, soup kitchens and other ways to prevent hunger.
www.njshares.org. New Jersey's Statewide Energy Fund — provides assistance to pay utility bills or (609) 883-1626 or (866) 657-4273
www.pseg.com/true_guidelines or www.pseg.com/help TRUE, Temporary Relief for Utility Expenses is designed to help moderate income households who are having difficulty paying their PSE&G bill. The TRUE program provides a one-time grant of up to $1,500 ($750 for gas and $750 for electric) for households that are not eligible for other low income programs.
http://www.verizonnj.com/about/community/nj/tele/njlifelinerev.asp Phone bill assistance from Verizon
- Donated Dental Services (DDS) program- North New Jersey Donated Dental Services
(732) 549-8506 or (888) 995-0055
- www.medicare.gov/NHCompare Nursing home comparison from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- www.retirementjobs.com Job postings by "age-friendly" employers
- www.workforce50.com Employers specifically interested in staffing from the over-50 workforce
- County Offices on Aging (Area Agencies on Aging - AAAs)
- Medicare Options in New Jersey
- Find a Senior Center Near You
- Housing Options for Seniors Citizens
- Tax Relief for Seniors
- Caregiver agencies and assistance www.caregivernj.nj.gov. and http://www.nj.gov/caregivernj/documents/caregivers_resource_guide.pdf
- One stop information about programs and services from the NJ Department of Human Services
- New Jersey's Community Resource Website
www.nj211.org or dial 2-1-1
- NJ Office of Emergency Management
- NJEASE toll-free number 1-877-222-3737.
- Hurricane Preparedness